MORE from Katie's Modern Nest

Sunday, June 6, 2010

Back to Work

All good things come to an end, they say.  So it is finally time for me to say Goodbye to maternity leave and Hello to being a working mother.  The bright side is that I am working from home for the month of June so I don't have to say good bye to my munchkin just yet. 


Speaking of munchkins, he is loving his new bouncy activity seat.  It is garishly huge, and the definition of baby-gear overload...but he loves it so I am learning to love it too.

Unfortunately work is now encroaching on what I'd really like to be doing...sewing.  So this has been a slower week for me with blogging and sewing.  I did manage to work on some bee-blocks for Sew Fun.  Karie, hope you like these crazy nine-patches.  I ran out of fabric so I decided to add a little flea market fancy and a solid pink. 


I think I'd like to make a quilt out of this pattern, maybe make the crazy lattice over at Oh Fransson!  I think I am going to take advantage of this lovely Sunday to work on some bags.  I cannot make em fast enough to keep my sisters and friends happy ;-)

1 comment: