Working with the tiny 2" squares has been a challenge. I tried some new techniques to try and get the seams super-straight and consistent. Usually I press the seams to the side, but followed Elizabeth's advice to press them open. It did help to relieve the seam bulk and allowed me to sew straighter seams. I need to work on better pinning though.
I also tried using my zipper foot with a 1/4" seam guide. I found that I got a very consistent seam, but that sometimes the feed-dogs reached up and sucked my fabric down into the gears. I think for the next block, I am going back to my standard foot. I'll just have to go steady and slow.