MORE from Katie's Modern Nest

Monday, May 10, 2010

Taggy Blanket

At the request of my best friend, I have been making taggy burpies for her baby girl.  Who hasn't seen a baby totally ignore a new toy in order to chew on the tag?  Well, why not just skip the toy and go straight to the tag.  That's the concept behind Taggy Blankets (or burpies).

There are about 5 different colors and sizes of ribbons each with a different texture.  I used some velvet and some grosgrain for variety.  My favorite is the red ribbon with white stitches. 

The back is the cutest ladybug flannel, which I also used on the front in a fussy-cut center square.  I used some warm and natural batting in the middle so that it will stand up to all of the baby slobber...I think it just makes it so cozy and soft.

I cut all of the ribbons so that there are no loops so that baby fingers don't get stuck.  Hope she likes it!

1 comment:

  1. What a great idea!! My sister only liked the satin edge on her "blankie" so my mom ended up cutting into fourths so she could keep some edges fresh for an emergency. Babies are funny creatures ....

    ReplyDelete