MORE from Katie's Modern Nest

Monday, November 1, 2010

A Few Friends

 

My best friend is having a birthday bash for her 1 year-old daughter and her 3-year old son. These great kids are like family to me, so I wanted to do something special for them. Most of all, they want to continue swimming lessons at the local pool. So we gave them a couple months of lessons.


But what kid likes opening a gift card? What a downer, to be all excited about your birthday and to get a piece of paper. So...I found this precious pattern for stuffed toys here and got to work.


I'd like to introduce you to Geoffrey the giraffe and Dottie the dachshund…ta-dah!

  
These cuties were a lot of fun to make. My favorite part by far is Geoff’s neck tie. What a great use for this scrap of Katie Jump Rope plaid. Little Dottie is looking sporty with her flea market fancy accents and a scarf made from some fabric I found at a real flea market.

Check out the buttons that hold together the arms and legs (no buttons on Dottie, because her new owner is too young for those small parts).



 This project was a fun change from quilt making, and the little guys just loved them.

No comments:

Post a Comment