MORE from Katie's Modern Nest

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Tic-Tac-Toe

Whew!  What a busy month.  The good news is that I have been sewing.  The bad news is that I haven't been blogging it as much as I would like.  So now let,s get down to business.



Here is a really fun baby quilt that I made for my neighbor's little boy.  His shower is this weekend, so I got it done just in time.  The nursery is blues and greens with an elephant theme. I couldn't resist adding in those green Japanese elephants.

I'm calling this quilt Tic-Tac-Toe.  I followed Elizabeth's instructions for a crazy nine-patch lattice quilt and used an Ikea grey sheet for the alternating solid blocks.  That part was a little risky in my mind, but I love how it turned out. 

When I was working on the back, I hesitated about adding in the orange fabrics.  It was quite a departure from the greens on the front.  However, when I picked the birdie fabric out of my stash for the border, I was sold.  The green and orange and blue birds tie both the front and back together.  I love how it makes the blue hints on the front pop out even more. 



So baby to be, I hope you like your little Tic-Tac-Toe quilt. 

1 comment:

  1. Love your quilt - it's almost like giving your friend 2 options for a quilt because the back is as cool as the front! (and the birdy binding is perfection!)

    ReplyDelete