MORE from Katie's Modern Nest

Saturday, November 17, 2012

Potty time- take two

From time to time we make attempts at potty training with limited enthusiasm and limited success. We now have a little more motivation in that Max is starting a new school in December and they don't do much in the way of potty training.

So today we dove in again. Around 2 pm, after he had skipped his nap, max was rummaging around in the bathroom while I tried to conserve energy in the living room with Hana.

After a few minutes of muffled scrapes and banging Max yells "MAMA!!! I PUT SOMETHING IN THE POTTY!"

I am enough of a mom to be skeptical so I ask "did you put in something good or bad?" Hoping against hope he'd say pee-pee...

"BAD!!!"

"Max, what did you put in the potty?"

"I PUT SOAP IN DA POTTY!!"

Sheesh!

At the end of the day we've had 3 successful pees, and two accidents. Not so bad. Lets see how tomorrow goes.

PS. Chocolate chips seem to be a good motivator

No comments:

Post a Comment